br Woerther PL Burdet C Chachaty E Andremont A Trends
18. Woerther PL, Burdet C, Chachaty E, Andremont A. Trends in human fecal carriage of extended-spectrum b-lactamases in the community: toward the globalization of CTX-M. Clin Microbiol Rev 2013;26:744-58. 19. Melzer M, Petersen I. Mortality following bacteraemic infection caused by extended spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL) producing Escherichia coli compared to non-ESBL producing E. coli. J Infection 2007;55:254-9. 20. Ogban GI, Ochang EA, Emanghe UE, Usang UE, Akpan UB, Agan TU. Rectal coloniza-tion with extended spectrum b-lactamase producing Enterobacteriaceae in surgi-cal patients in Midostaurin tertiary hospital in Calabar, Nigeria. Niger J Dent Med Sci 2014;13:47-53.
21. Manoharan A, Sugumar M, Kumar A, Jose H, Mathai D, Khilnani GC, et al. Pheno-typic and molecular characterization of AmpC b-lactamases among Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp. & Enterobacter spp. from five Indian medical centers. Indian J Med Res 2012;135:359-64. 22. Cheikh A, Belefquih B, Chajal Y, Cheikhaouil Y, El Hassani A, Benouda A. Enterobac-teriacea producing extended-spectrum b-lactamases (ESBLs) colonization as a risk factor for developing ESBL infections in pediatric cardiac surgery patients: “retro-spective cohort study”. BMC Infect Dis 2017;17:237. 23. Ponce de Leon S, Arredondo-Hernandez R, Flores-Moreno K, Lopez-Vidal Y, Miranda Novales MG, Rodriguez-Alvarez M, et al. Programa universitario de inves-tigacion en salud. Estado actual de la resistencia antimicrobiana en Mexico. Reporte de los hospitales de la red del PUCRA: resistencia antimicrobiana y con- sumo de antibioticos. Ciudad de Mexico (Mexico): Universidad Nacional
24. Morfin-Otero R, Tinoco-Favila JC, Sader HS, Salcido-Gutierrez L, Perez-Gomez HR, Gonzalez-Diaz E, et al. Resistance trends in gram-negative bacteria: surveillance results from two Mexican hospitals, 2005-2010. BMC Res Notes 2012;5:277. r> 25. Al-Agamy MH, El Mahdy TS, Shibl AM. Fecal colonization with extended-spectrum beta-lactamase and AmpC-producing Escherichia coli. Biomed Res Int 2016;2016:3704150.
26. Phoon HYP, Hussin H, Hussain BM, Lim SY, Woon JJ, Er YX, Thong KL. Distribution, genetic diversity and antimicrobial resistance of clinically important bacteria from the environment of a tertiary hospital in Malaysia. J Glob Antimicrob Resis 2018;14:132-40.
27. Sugawara G, Yokoyama Y, Ebata T, Igami T, Yamaguchi J, Mizuno T, Nagino M. Pre-operative biliary colonization/infection caused by multidrug-resistant (MDR) pathogens in patients undergoing major hepatectomy with extrahepatic bile duct resection. Surgery 2018;163:1106-13.
28. Arnan M, Gudiol C, Calatayud L, Linares~ J, Dominguez MA, Batlle M, et al. Risk fac-tors for, and clinical relevance of, faecal extended-spectrum b-lactamase produc-ing Escherichia coli (ESBL-EC) carriage in neutropenic patients with haematological malignancies. Eur J Clin Microbiol Dis 2011;30:355-60. RESEARCH ARTICLE
Colorectal and Breast Cancer Screening Status for People in Ontario Provincial Correctional Facilities
Introduction: Primary care represents an opportunity to improve health for people who experi-ence imprisonment, and screening for colorectal and breast cancer indicate primary care quality. The study objectives were to examine the proportion of people released from provincial correctional facilities who were overdue for colorectal or breast cancer screening on admission to the correc-tional facility and who were still overdue after 3 years, and to compare findings with data for the general population.
Methods: Administrative data were used to identify people eligible for colorectal and breast cancer screening who were released from provincial correctional facilities in 2010 (N=3,803 and N=249, respectively) and in the general population (N=2,757,584 and N=1,099,942, respectively) in Ontario, Canada. Chi-square tests and log binomial regression models were used to compare the proportion of individuals overdue for screening on admission or on July 1, 2010 for the general population, and still overdue after 3 years. Analyses were conducted in 2017 and 2018.